Terms & Conditions
Gear Workwear implements the Google Analytics Advertising Features which makes use of first and third-party cookies and identifiers together.
You can opt out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features that Gear Workwear uses through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or any other available means.
Click here for Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
We understand that our clients require samples in order to approve the deal.
Sample policy is as follows:
- Samples are available for purchase and will be couriered to client.
- Samples with an individual product price of less than R100 excluding VAT may not be returned.
- Samples with an individual product price of R101 excluding VAT or more may be returned for a refund or credit.
- Samples must be returned in original condition as well as original packaging so that a refund/credit can be ensured.
- It may take up to a week to carefully check samples that are returned and once we are satisfied that samples are fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- Damage to any part of sample or packaging will result in samples not being accepted for return.
- Importantly, when returning samples, the original invoice relevant to the samples needs to accompany the returned goods before a credit note will be issued and a refund effected.
- EFT refunds are processed 7th of each month.
- All orders need to be paid for and collected within 5 working days of invoice date and if not paid and collected within this time, they will be cancelled.
Branding Terms and Conditions
Acceptable File Formats: .CDR / .EPS / .AI / .PDF / .FH
- Vector artwork is preferred.
- We accept PC format artwork only.
Tips to help you prepare your artwork
- All fonts must be converted to curves to avoid font substitutions.
- Please include font and size if typesetting is requested.
- Artwork for multi-colour imprints should be sent as a colour separated file (exceptions: digital printing).
- Formats we do not accept: Word files, .gif, .jpeg (under 600dpi), Power Point.
- Please forward the electronic artwork directly to your Account Manager .
- Upon written approval of layouts please confirm with your Account Manager that they have received your signoff. Alternatively you can do this online.
- Gear Workwear cannot take responsibility for non-delivery of orders if layout approval is not received.
- Branding will only commence once full payment for stock and branding has been received (where a client is not on payment terms) and artwork has been approved.
- If cheques are deposited into one of our four bank accounts, branding will only commence once payment has cleared (for clients not on payment terms).
- Unfortunately faxes can and do sometimes go missing. Please confirm that proof of payment has been received by your Account Manager. Gear Workwear cannot take responsibility for missed deadlines if payment has not been confirmed with your Account Manager.
- Reminders will be sent out daily if we require either approval or payment from you before commencing with a job. If you have paid for and approved the order and are still receiving these reminders, please contact your Account Manager directly to ensure that we have received all the relevant information.
- Delivery dates are quoted from the day after artwork approval and receipt of payment – whichever is later.
- Amendments made to proofs will result in a delay to delivery date. Should you require changes, we will issue a new layout for final proofing before production commences.
- Artwork received in the correct format will not be charged for.
- Artwork not received in the correct format will attract a redrawing fee of R250 excluding VAT. This fee will accommodate 2 further changes to the layouts, where after any additional changes will be charged for at R150 excluding VAT per change.
- Branding cancelled after layouts have been generated will be charged for at R200 excluding VAT per layout completed.
General Terms and Conditions
- Once stock has been collected/delivered from/by Gear Workwear, Gear Workwear has no control over it. As such we do not accept responsibility for any damages or shortages not reported within 24 hours.
- Whilst every effort has been made to fulfill all orders correctly, should you take our goods to an external branding company, we ask that you check all items received BEFORE they get branded.
Gear Workwear cannot accept returns on incorrect items which have already been branded regardless of whether it’s Gear Workwear’s fault or not.
- It may take up to a week to carefully check the stock that is returned and once we are satisfied that stock is fit for resale we will issue the refund or credit note.
- In the case of stock being sent by courier , clients have 72 hours from time of collection by courier, to report missing or damaged items. No claims will be entertained thereafter.
- We do not accept returns on discontinued and clearance items.
- The ETA (estimated time of arrival) dates indicated for stock are updated regularly but due to unforeseen supplier, shipping or customs delays, these dates cannot be guaranteed.
- Day 1 of branding is the day after receipt of both artwork approval and payment (COD clients).
- Lead times exclude weekends, South-African public holidays and Gear Workwear’s annual shutdown period.
- In terms of public health regulations, identified essential products are prohibited for return or exchange due to strict health controls.
- In the case of cheques deposited into our bank accounts, stock will not be released until the funds have been cleared in our account.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa and Debit cards (We do not accept Amex and Diners).
- We encourage EFT’s and have facilities on our website and invoicing to assist with processing EFT`s .
- Stock will only be released once proof of payment has been received.
- Payments from outside South Africa take between 4 and 7 working days to clear. Orders will only be released once payment has reflected.
- For orders that require branding, branding will only commence once stock and branding has been paid for in full.
- Please contact your Account Manager to confirm that we have received your proof of payment, once payment has been made.
- Gear Workwear cannot be responsible for missed deadlines if you have not confirmed that payment has been received.
Orders collected by courier
- Please do not send your couriers to collect orders until you have received an email from Gear Workwear notifying you that your goods are ready for collection. Once the emailed invoice is received, your order is ready for collection.
- Please ensure that your courier knows who they are collecting for and how many orders they are collecting. All relevant invoice numbers must appear on the collection form.
- Stock will not be released to couriers until payment is received. Please do not send your courier to collect if you have not effected payment and provided proof thereof to Gear Workwear, and confirmed that we have received the proof of payment.
- If your account is in credit, please advise us upfront to use your credit to clear the relevant invoices otherwise your credit will not be used.
- Written orders (faxed or by email) constitute a binding contract and are legally enforceable.
- Once an order to the value of R3500 or more has been emailed or faxed, cancellations prior to collection will be subject to a 15% handling and admin fee.
- All orders need to be paid for within 5 working days of invoice and if not paid within this time, will be cancelled with the relevant cancellation fees.
- Branding will not commence until full payment has been received for COD clients. Any orders not paid for within 5 working days will be deemed to have been cancelled, products will be put back to stock and a 15% handling charge will be levied where the invoice value is R3500 or more.
- In the case of cancelled orders where layouts have been done, a layout fee of R150 excluding VAT per layout will be levied, irrespective of whether we are able to meet your deadline or not, unless the branding deadline has been indicated to your Account Manager upon placement of order.
- For customers who are on account, no cancellation of orders will be accepted once final approval of artwork has been received.
- Orders for clients on payment terms may not be cancelled after sitting on our shelves for 10 working days.
- Collected stock may not be returned, unless approved in writing by Management within 48 hours of collection, subject to a 25% handling and admin fee. Please do not return orders without prior written consent from Gear Workwear Management. Orders returned without accompanying written consent and corresponding invoice will not be accepted by our returns department.
- Once stock of an item that is on special or discontinued has been collected no returns will be accepted, unless said stock is faulty.
- Cancellation fees need to be paid before further orders will be processed.
DELIVERY SERVICE (BOOKED VIA WEBSITE):
- Deliveries can be booked to destinations within South Africa only.
- Orders will only be dispatched for delivery once all invoices booked on the same delivery are ready for collection. If there are branded orders on the invoices booked for the same all job cards on the invoices must be ready for collection before the order is dispatched for delivery. The lead time for unbranded orders is approximately 24 hours. Lead times for branded orders must be checked with your account manager.
- COD clients: branded orders that include delivery on the invoice will only proceed once the invoice is paid in full (including the delivery cost) and all job cards are approved.
- In cases where the delivery invoice is separate to the invoice/s being delivered, delivery will only take place once the delivery invoice is paid in full and the order/s being delivered are ready for collection. Payment for a delivery only invoice post orders being ready for collection may affect the delivery lead-time.
- Should you require a guaranteed delivery date, please book your delivery accordingly, bearing in mind the total lead-time for the invoice/s you are couriering. Gear Workwear will not be held responsible should the above delivery times not be met, whether through the fault of Gear Workwear or the delivery service.
- Deliveries must be booked by 11pm in order to leave our warehouse on that day. Orders booked after 11pm will leave with the next day’s consignments.
- Delivery lead-times are dependent on consignment weight, service selected and destination.
- Branding lead-times exclude delivery lead-times.
- Delivery cannot be cancelled once the order/s are on a collection shelf.
Unbranded Bulk Orders:
- Unbranded bulk orders will be dispatched the day after both the payment has been received and the branch selection has been updated. If however your order is ready earlier, we will do our utmost to get it onto that days truck.
- If you place your order online, you can do so until 17h00 and your order will be dispatched the following day (provided payment is made and the branch delivery selection has been updated by 11h00 the following day).
- Branded orders that are due to be completed at 16h30 will be dispatched to the next day before 11:00
- Please send your proof of payment for all orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Account Manager will contact you if any unforeseen issues arise.
- Should there be any delays from SAA Cargo, DSV or The Courier Guy, you will be notified via email.
- Gear Workwear will not be held responsible for such delays.
- Please do not attempt collection of an order until you have received the emailed notification stating that your order is now ready for collection.
- To view Gear Workwear’s full Terms & Conditions, please refer to the QUICK LINKS section on our website . The link can be found at the bottom of the homepage.
POPI ACT AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION:
WHEREAS IT IS AGREED THAT
All parties agree that they will comply with POPI regulations and process all the information and/or personal data in respect of the services being rendered in accordance with the said regulation and only for the purpose of providing the Services set out in the agreement to provide services.
The company (also called the service provider), all the parties to this agreement, the service provider’s employees and the client’s employees and any subsequent party/parties to this agreement acknowledge and confirm that
- One or more of the parties to this agreement, will possess and will continue to possess information that may be classified or maybe deemed as private, confidential or as personal information.
- Such information may be deemed as the private, confidential or as personal information in so far as it relates to any party to this agreement.
- Such information may also be deemed as or considered as private, confidential or as personal information of any third person who may be directly or indirectly associated with this agreement.
Further it is acknowledged and agreed by all parties to this agreement, that such private, confidential or as personal information may have value and such information may or may not be in the public domain. For purposes of rendering services on behalf of the client, the service provider and any party associated with this agreement and/or any subsequent or prior agreement that may have been/will be entered into, irrevocably agree that “confidential information” shall also include inter alia and shall mean inter alia:
- (a) all information of any party which may or may not be marked “confidential,” “restricted,” “proprietary” or with a similar designation;
- (b) where applicable, any and all data and business information;
- (c) where applicable the parties may have access to data and personal and business information regarding clients, employees, third parties and the like including personal information as defined in POPI regulation; and
- (d) trade secrets, confidential knowledge, know-how, technical information, data or other proprietary information relating to the client/service provider or any third party associated with this agreement and (including, without limitation, all products information, technical know how, software programs, computer processing systems and techniques employed or used by either party to this agreement and/or their affiliates.
All parties irrevocably agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out in this agreement as well as you agree and acknowledge that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the service provider and such use may include placing such information in the public domain. Further it is specifically agreed that the service provider will use its best endeavors and take all reasonable precautions to ensure that any information provided, is only used for the purposes of the agreement.
It is confirmed that by submitting information to the service provider, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SERVICE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY FAILING WHICH IT WILL BE DEEMED THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT ABOVE
We thank you for reading our Terms and Conditions. Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact your Account Manager in this regard.